Selection Committee Applications – Due March 31
To volunteer for the Selection Committee you must be over 18 years old and reside in the Elementary School Zone (Central, Chatsworth, MAS and Murray) you will be serving; you do not need to have a child in school. Two new members from each of the four Zones will be selected via random drawing at the May Selection Committee meeting.
Selection Committee Commitments include, but aren’t limited to:
- Agreeing to serve a 3-year term
- Attending Selection Committee meetings, generally once per month, typically Wednesdays mid-month, from September through June
- In March the Selection Committee usually meets every week to conduct BoE candidate interviews
- Signing up for a Subcommittee and attending those meetings and performing tasks as needed. Subcommittees include: Community Outreach, Technology, PR, etc.
- Attending or watching BoE meetings and reporting to the Committee at times
- Actively recruiting qualified, diverse candidates for the BoE